Sunday, December 2, 2007

You are hereby called to serve as a Missionary

Sunday, 9 September 2007

The phone rang at 00:30 am. It was 3:30 pm Sunday in Kuala Lumpur I had waited and I knew it was Lian. I woke Mike from his dreamworld. He was as excited as I was and I was reminded to wake him up!

Lian & I are thousands of miles apart, across the oceans, but it made no difference to how we felt towards the calling.

Lian was emotional while reading the letter (4 September 2007) from our Prophet of the Church, President Gordon B. Hinckley. I was emotional as I listening carefully to each word she slowly read to me through the phone.

The letter touched our hearts. We were already crying half way through the letter. We know there are people out there that need to hear the restored gospel from Lian. I was so happy that Lian has been found worthy to help with the Lord's work.

No comments: