Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Will Tell You In Your Mind and In Your Heart, by the Holy Ghost

Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Sister Ot. phoned on Tuesday morning, 10 February 2009, and said she had a dream Monday night of being in the temple.   She had woken up in the early morning hours before daylight.  Of all the things that could have been on her mind at that time -- maybe worrying about one of her children or a grandchild needing help, or thinking about her sister or extended family, etc., ---  But, the only thing that was on her mind and in her heart was that she needed to help me prepare to do the temple work for my parents. 

Sister Ot. didn't know that our ward temple trip was the next day, Wednesday, 11 February 2009.   We had only one day to make phone calls and connect with all the right people for help.
















I phoned my ward temple trip coordinator right away as I had not signed up to go.   Sister Ot. explained to me what records and what extra clothes I needed to bring.   Our stake center was opened on Tuesday, 10 February,  so I had the family record printed that afternoon.

Temple work for the dead could only be done after 1 year of their passing.   My father passed away 5 September 2005 and my mother 12 November 2007.   My parents were ready for their temple work.

Brother and Sister Ot. were the missionary couple Elder and Sister Ot. that had prepared me to receive my own endownment on the 25 July 2006.   They had arrived in our town 12 days after my father's passing.    They have met and visited my mother while she was alive and when she was bed-ridden.   Sister Ot. had even delivered flowers to my mother and sister-in-law on Mother's Day in 2006, when I was away from town.

Our Heavenly Father works in a miraculous way.  He knows my desire.  Doing my parent's temple work every since my mum passed had always been in my mind.   I didn't sign up for the ward's temple trip on the 11 February 2009 because I didn't know of any "friends" going.   It was a 3 to 3-1/2 hrs drive.

The members travelled in the shuttle bus and the van.   Brother and Sister Pa.. came and took me to Dairy Queen where the shuttler bus and the van was waiting.  I went with the van, driven by Brother GFa.  We left at 6:15 am Arizona time and arrived at the San Diego temple 8:30 am California time.  Went straight to the recording office and had the papers printed for my parents' work.   

I did the baptism, confirmation, initiatory and received the endowment for my mum.   Brother Ot. acted as proxy for my dad in baptism.  Brother GFa. confirmed my father.   Brother DHw. did the initiary and received the endowment for my father.   My mother (proxy by myself) to my father (proxy by a brother in the sealing room). My brother (who passed away 24 March 1999) Joseph (proxy by another brother in the sealing room) and I was sealed to my mother (proxy by Sister EHi.) and my father (the same proxy for my father when sealed to my mother).  Interestingly, Sister EHi was sitting outside the sealing room, probably thinking after a session.   When Sister EHi saw Sister Ot. leading me to the sealing room, she stood up and said she would like to join us.   Sister Ot. had to leave and there is Sister EHi with me.   It suddenly occured to me that she could act as proxy for my mother!

Everything was so smooth this day.   After the sealing session, I walked to the front desk.  Brother GFa. and 2 others, travelling on the van, were waiting for me.   It was about 1:30 pm California time and it was time to drive back to Arizona.   Earlier on in the temple, I didn't understand Brother GFa. when he said we could take all the time we needed to do my parents' work.   He was driving his own van and therefore we didn't have to be back at 5:30 pm Arizona time to return the vehicle, like the shuttle bus!

Everything went smoothly, thanks to Sister Ot. who had made it possible.   Brother and Sister Ot. works at the San Diego temple very Wednesday.   Yesterday afternoon she had made prior arrangements with the other temple workers to make my parents' work possible today.

I like to share the following email that Sister Ot. (with her permission) sent to me: 

[Email from Sister Ot. on Friday 20 Feb ’09:   Just the day before (8 Feb ’09) Sister Ot. had given the Sunday School Lesson entitled  "I Will Tell You In Your Mind and In Your Heart, by the Holy Ghost.    This is scripture in D&C 8:  verses 2 & 3.
All the miracles that happened that wonderful day (11 Feb ’09), surely has strengthened my testimony, ------ the temple recorder, Bro. Casos,  making an exception for you, and Frieda available to input all the data, members of your group offering to do whatever you needed rather than them going on the scheduled Endowment session at 9:00am,  the other various (sacred) events during the Endowment for your Mum, the sealer, Brother M., who came out to welcome you and let you know he had all your cards, and my sweet co-ordinator who was very sensitive to let me accompany you.      Truly, this was all the Lord's work in HIS house, so He made sure it all happened.]

No comments: