Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fort Lauderdale Temple is Dedicated Today!

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Fort Lauderdale Florida temple is now the 2nd operating temple in the state of Florida, USA.    Our 1st temple is Orlando Florida temple.    I am very grateful that the 3 dedication sessions (9 am, 12 noon and 3 pm) are broadcasted to all stakes and districts in Florida.   We were able to watch it from our stake.    Mike and I attended the 9 am session.

When we arrived in the hall at 8:30 am, which was when we were told to be seated in, there were already a lot members.   Pictures of the temple and the temple's rooms were projected on the white screen.   Hymns filled the reverent hall with the spirit.    My eyes were teary as I absorbed the words of the hymns.

I love the dedicatory prayer by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency, given during the last 15 minutes of the 1-1/2 hr session.   I felt the deep and powerful words.  The spirit was strong and touched my heart.   I know I have shedded tears throughout the session, and especially during the dedicatory prayer by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

What a blessing for me to be able to witness the dedication of a temple, for the very 1st time.   And also to feel the presence of our Heavenly Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost in His Holy House, even though it is through the broadcast.   My faith is strengthened


No comments: