Monday, September 7, 2009

Enrichment Counselor

Sunday, 6 September 2009

Last Sunday (30 Aug), Branch President Owens told me to revert today, with respect to my being called as the Branch Enrichment Counselor. I checked on the internet about the responsibilities and found that I do not have the testimony in a number of aspects.

But then I thought, maybe that is why I am called. I feel I am incapable of magnifying this calling but on the other hand I remember a quotation (I can't remember from whom) that says that He calls us not because we are capable but because we are available, humble and teachable. Furthermore I know I am not alone. I can seek counsels from my Relief Society President and the priesthood.

The branch needed an Education Counselor as well but Sister Lorrie felt that the Enrichment Counselor is more urgently needed. I have been the 1st Counselor (which is now the Education Counselor) in 2 branches before and this is the 1st time I have been called to the Enrichment Counselor position. I was set apart after the block meetings today.

No comments: